Note: The default homepage page (first page) for your site must be named index.html or index.htm, all in lower case.
An example domain name and user name were
used through the instructions. Please substitute your own Directnic
domain name and login information for the account used in the instructions.
1. Once FileZilla has started, enter the following details in the fields at the top of the program window:
Click Quickconnect to connect to your site.
2. From now on you will be able to select this site and other recent sites from the Quickconnect history drop menu.
3. If you have many sites and would like to add it to your Site Manager, once you are connected select Copy connection to Site Manager. from the "File" menu.
4. Highlight New FTP Site and click Rename and name the connection something you will recognize, the domain name for instance.Click Save and Exit.
5. You will now be able to connect to the site at any time using the Site Manager drop down menu, or by clicking the site manager icon.
NOTE: Passive mode should be turned off by default, but if you experience problems transferring files once a connection is successful, you may want to double check it's status. Select Settings from the "Edit" menu. Select Firewall settings from the left hand menu and find the Passive Mode check box in the main window. It should not have a check mark next to it, if there is click on the box to un-check this option. Click OK.
Serving Customers Since 2000