Follow the instructions below to configure Outlook 97/98 for use with your Directnic POP3 account.
Note: An example account name was used through the
instructions. Please substitute your Directnic POP3 email address information
for the account used in the instructions.
Special Note to Outlook 97/98
1. Start Outlook 97/98 from your desktop or from Start/Programs/Microsoft Office/Outlook.
2. When the main Outlook screen appears, click the Tools menu item on the top menu bar (or press ALT-T), then choose/click the sub-option Services (as shown below):
3. On the Services screen, highlight Internet Mail from the list of information service and click on the Properties button. If Internet Mail does not appear in the list, click the Add button and then choose Internet Mail. (The next step works the same both ways.)
4. On the Internet Mail screen General tab (see below), change the Internet Mail server to the your Incoming Server name and change the Account name to your account name.
The Incoming Server name will be pop.directnic.com. The user name will be your full email address. The password is the one you chose for your POP3 account (not necessarily the same as your Directnic login password).
5. There may be an option on this screen for an outgoing (SMTP) server. If so, fill it in. If not, click on the Advanced Options button on the Internet Mail screen to set the Outgoing Server Name for your account. Your outgoing server is the same as your incoming server pop.directnic.com.
6. When finished, click on OK button to exit on all screens (back to the main Outlook screen).
7. Close Outlook by choosing File and Exit and Log Off. After it exits, start it up to activate your new settings.
Configuration is complete!
Serving Customers Since 2000